Custom Engineering Company is currently seeking to hire a Machine Planner/Estimator.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Read and interpret customer drawings and specifications
- Estimate all machining operations for both quotes and orders to meet company profit expectations.
- Develop manufacturing plans based on customer drawings, specifications & requirements.
- Responsible for requisitioning some materials and services needed in the timeframe required for the project/job.
- Work with production to develop best manufacturing plans and processes
- Act as liaison between the customer and our production team as needed.
- Work with the customer on any changes in the scope of the order that may arise, including evaluating, estimating, quoting, and planning order changes.
- Participate in customer conference calls and face to face meetings as needed.
- Participate in weekly production meetings.
Skills and Qualifications
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business related field.
- 3-5 years of planning/estimating experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred (or similar technical experience).
- 3-5 Years of machining experience preferred.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and technical specifications.
- Strong time management skills are a must.
- Strong leadership skills and self-motivation to be able to work with little supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of different manufacturing and machining methods of various materials.
- Knowledge of Google, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and other computer applications.
Custom Engineering is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We offer a competitive benefit package including:
- Vacation: 80 Hours to start
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Company reimburses 50% of Health Insurance Deductible
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) with company matching 50% on first 6% of contribution
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Competitive Salary