Custom Engineering Company is currently seeking Machinists to operate manual surface milling and drilling machines.
Hourly rate: $16.00 – $20.00 / hr
- Setup and remove workpieces from machines and check to ensure that they conform to specifications, using measuring instruments such as gauges, calipers, and micrometers.
- Observe machine operation and adjust controls to ensure conformance with specified tolerances.
- Study blueprints, layouts, sketches, or work orders to assess workpiece specifications and to determine tooling instructions, tools and materials needed, and sequences of operations.
- Move controls to set cutting specifications, to position cutting tools and workpieces in relation to each other.
- Two or more years of related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledgeable of arithmetic, fractions, decimals and basic trigonometry and their applications.
- Ability to read and understand technical documents and shop drawings.
Custom Engineering is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We offer a competitive benefit package including:
- Vacation: 80 Hours to start
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Company reimburses 50% of Health Insurance Deductible
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) with company matching 50% on first 6% of contribution
Job Type: Full-time